FFA Leadership Team attends Kentucky FFA Leadership Training Camp

FFA Leadership Team members in at Training Camp in Hardinsburg, back row (L-R) Brent Holley (Secretary), Hannah Smith (President), Collin Shadowen (Treasurer), Cole Hamby (Sentinel), Zoey Ramsey (Vice President). Front row (L-R) Brooke Hurley (Community Service Chair), Presleigh Jennings (Leadership Chair), Piper McClain (Reporter). Not pictured – Macie Dotters (Scholarship Chair)

By Piper McClain, FFA Reporter

The Marshall County FFA Leadership team traveled to the Kentucky FFA Leadership Training Camp in Hardinsburg on June 23rd-25th. The camp was a bit different than years in the past. Due to the pandemic, the camp allowed nine students to travel and stay three days rather than the usual week. Within those three days members learned new leadership tactics to better the success of current members and members to come. They collaborated with 10 schools from across the state of Kentucky. They attended classes on goal setting, communication, planning events, and teamwork. These leadership classes will better each student in their future endeavors. While attending L.T.C. students enjoyed some friendly competition with chapter volleyball, kickball, and Ag Olympics games. Each officer had a chance to work with an advisor who specialized in that office. This will help each student push themselves and reach their full potential in FFA. This camp was successful in building leadership skills that will forever be utilized, and students are eager to use these qualities to better themselves and serve the community.