KSP 10th Annual ‘Cram the Cruiser’ Food Drive Begins November 25th
Hickory, KY. (November 22nd, 2019) – Starting Monday, November 25th and running through Monday, December 9th, you can help feed families in need this Christmas season. Monday will kick off the 10th Annual ‘Cram the Cruiser’ Food Drive held by the Kentucky State Police. During the two-week long food drive, individuals can bring non-perishable food items to the Kentucky State Police Post 1 located at 8366 US HWY 45 N in Hickory, Kentucky. Those items can be dropped off in the Post 1 lobby or put directly into the KSP cruiser that will be parked in front of the post. After those items are collected, they will be delivered to local food pantries which will then be made available to needy families in the local area.
In addition to collecting food items at Post 1, KSP will be set up at various locations across the Post 1 area on the following dates and times;
- November 25th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Price Less IGA in Benton and November 26th from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- December 1st from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Food Giant in Mayfield
- December 5th from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at Greg’s Supermarket in La Center
- December 6th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Greg’s Supermarket in Bardwell
- December 6th from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. at Greg’s Supermarket in Clinton
- December 8th from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Kroger in Murray
In 2018, KSP Post 1 collected 9,250 pounds of food items. Statewide KSP collected over 422,000 pounds