MARSHALL COUNTY RESCUE SQUAD is looking for 14 to 17 year olds who are interested in becoming Junior Rescue Squad Members.
They will provide training to you now, so when you are 18 you can become a regular member with some training already complete.
If interested, please attend any of the Rescue Squad’s monthly meetings. Meetings on held on the 2nd Thursday of every month at 6:30pm at the Marshall County Rescue Squad base which is located at 201 Ash Street in Benton, Ky.
Some of the responses they do are:
* SONAR SEARCHES ON WATER
* LIGHT DUTY RESCUE
* PRIMARY AGENCY FOR ALL WATER RESCUE AND RECOVERY
* PRIMARY AGENCY FOR LOST, TRAPPED, OR MISSING PERSONS
* PRIMARY AGENCY FOR WEATHER SPOTTING DURING SEVERE WEATHER WATCHES AND WARNINGS
* TRAINED MEMBERS FOR HIGH AND LOW ANGLE ROPE RESCUE AND RECOVERY OPERATIONS
* TRAINED MEMBERS FOR MOVING/FLOOD WATERS RESCUE AND RECOVERY
* PRIMARY AGENCY FOR WATER SAFETY AT PUBLIC FUNCTIONS
* PRIMARY AGENCY FOR PUBLIC SAFETY AT PUBLIC FUNCTIONS
* TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANCE DURING INCLEMENT WEATHER
* SCENE PRESERVATION WHEN REQUESTED
* TRAFFIC CONTROL FOR ALL AGENCIES WHEN REQUESTED
* LARGE ANIMAL RESCUE ASSISTANCE TRAINED
*LICENSED PILOTS FOR DRONE OPERATIONS
* WATER OP’S USING DIVERS
If you don’t already, be sure to follow their Facebook Page marshallcountyrescuesquad.