LAND BETWEEN THE LAKES, KY/TN – March 9, 2017 – Homeschooler families are invited to
use Woodlands Nature Station as their outdoor
classroom in April at Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area. Visitors can
pick up a “Nature Discovery Activity Book” to guide them through exploration
activities such as a pond exploration, bird identification, and animal math.
Complete activities to earn an official Nature Discovery Patch and certificate.
Nature Station is open 10am-5pm, daily in April.
Homeschoolers can take part in staff-led programs about trees, pioneer skills,
fossils, and more. Programs will be offered throughout April. See the complete
program schedule below. Visitors can also enjoy up-close animal encounter programs
daily at 3:30pm and see the Parade of Raptors at 4:30pm.
Homeschoolers’ Day at Nature Station will be Friday, April 28, 10am-3pm and will
focus on forests. Activities about tree identification, forest animals and the role
of fire in the forest, will highlight the day.
Programs included with regular admission: ages 13 and up $5; ages 5-12 $3; ages 4
and under are free. Some programs require additional fees, as noted. Fourth grade
students can go to https://everykidinapark.gov/, get their free Every Kid in a Park
pass, and get their family in for free.
Homeschoolers’ Month Program
Nature Discovery self-guided activity book and activities available 10am-5pm, daily.
Additional programs include:
* Sun, Apr 2 | 1pm-4pm | Be a Zookeeper | $12/child | Registration Required
* Tue, Apr 4 | 11am-12:30pm | What’s in a Name Safari: Learning Names in
* Fri, Apr 7 | 11am-12:30pm | Iron Furnace History Walk
* Mon, Apr 10 | 2pm-3:30pm | The Mighty Tree Puppet Show and Discovery
* Tue, Apr 11 | 11am-12:30pm | Pioneer Skills: Nature Shelters, Edible
Plants and More!
* Fri, April 14 | 2pm-3:30pm | Fossil Discovery and Craft
* Tue, Apr 18 | 1:30-4pm | Creek Exploration Field Trip | $5/person |
Registration Required 270-924-2020
* Fri, Apr 21 | 1pm-4pm | Be a Zookeeper | $12/child | Registration Required
* Tue, Apr 25 | Ongoing from 10am-4pm | Homeschoolers’ Kayak Day | One Hour
Rentals | 10/Kayak
* Fri, Apr 28 | 10am-3pm | Homeschoolers’ Day
Afternoon Animal Encounter programs at 3:30pm, daily:
* Mon | Turtle Time!
* Tue | Dinner Time for Bald Eagle
* Wed | For Goodness Snakes!
* Thu | Talkin’ Turkeys
* Fri | Help Us Feed the Deer!
* Sat | Dinnertime for Red Wolves
* Sun | Mystery Animal Encounter
Parade of Raptors at 4:30pm, daily. Check out the Calendar of
Events<https://www.landbetweenthelakes.us/calendar/> for more information about
weekend nature programs.
To find more information about Land Between the Lakes, log on to the official
website at www.landbetweenthelakes.us<http://www.landbetweenthelakes.us> or call
800-LBL-7077 or 270-924-2000. Photos available on Flickr at