NOTICE OF VACATION MARSHALL COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION SEAT
The Kentucky Commissioner of Education is seeking applications to be considered for appointment to the Marshall County Board of Education. You are invited to nominate yourself or someone you know who is qualified to serve on the Marshall County Board of Education representing
- Educational Division #2
- The district at large.
This vacancy was created by board member moving out of jurisdiction.
Under the provisions of KRS 160.190(2), this appointment is effective until
- The November 2017 regular election.
- The end of the elected term. (Next regular November election scheduled one year or less prior to end of remaining term)
This is a public service position and the person appointed will not be employed by the Marshall County Public Schools.
- Board members must be:
- At least 24 years old;
- A Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
- A registered voter in the district and voter precinct(s) of the vacancy. Marshall County District #2
- Have a high school diploma or a GED certificate;
- Must be in compliance with anti-nepotism state laws;
- Cannot provide contract services for the school district.
Applications should be completed and mailed by August 1, 2016. You can pick up an application at Marshall County Board of Education.