LIHEAP CRISIS PROGRAM OPENS
The Crisis Component of the Home Energy Assistance Program will begin on January 11, 2016
and go through March 31, 2016, or until funds have been expended. This program is available to assist low-income families that are in a home-heating crisis within the eight counties of the Purchase Area. (Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, McCracken and Marshall)
A household shall be considered to be in a home heating CRISIS situation when:
- The household is within four days of running out of fuel (propane, kerosene,
Or wood) is the heat source; or
- The household has received a past due/or disconnect notice on their natural
gas or electric bill; or
- The household’s home heating costs are included as an undesignated portion
of the rent, they must have an eviction notice due to non payment.
Application for assistance can be made at the local West Kentucky Allied Services office in your county. To be eligible you must meet the 130% of the poverty income guidelines.
APPLICANTS MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING WITH THEM AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
- Social Security cards for everyone in the household.
- Proof of all income for every member in the household.
- An eviction notice if heating costs are included as an undesignated portion of the rent.
- A disconnect/past due or termination notice if electric or natural gas is the heating source.
- Must provide a metered utility bill to prove household residency
- Proof of the last propane delivery to aid in determining if a household will be without fuel within 4 days of application or a statement from propane dealer to that affect.
“This project funded, in part, under a contract with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Community Action of Kentucky, and funds from the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance program.”